Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Torn

This time of year, I always feel torn.  Torn between staying the course with homework and school activities and following my heart to play outdoors and enjoy the first signs of spring.  I'm torn between signing my girls up for all of the amazing summer camps that are available and keeping our summer days unscheduled and lazy.  This year, I'm also torn between following a dream of becoming a teacher and keeping my children and family as the priority of my daily existence.  I just feel so torn. 

I suppose it all comes down to that ever-elusive term, balance.  What the heck is balance?  Is it achieving some happy equilibrium or is it riding the wave of the constant balancing act of too heavy/too light.  Does one every achieve balance?  I think I know the answer.  I'm thinking it isn't an achievable "state," but the latter, ongoing act of adding to and subtracting from.  Today, I just feel tired of the act of balancing eveything.  Maybe that means that today is a day to compensate for the craziness of activites and schedules and just go with the flow...

No comments:

Post a Comment